In Concept Design, we are making posters based on Bruce Mao's list of phenomena that is shaping the global economy. These are surfaces of inscription, the unstable image, circulation, surveillance, new image infrastructure, camouflage industries, tourism, postscript world, freeway condition, franchise, celebrity, cinematic migration, electronic media, violence, aura and spin. We had to design 10+ thumbnails for this assignment. During my individual critique with Professor Hanson, he really liked my idea of the Moon as a surface of inscription. This wasn't what I really wanted to do because I really wanted to try and build something for my Freeway Condition idea. He told me to relax and wait til I take Type 1. He really felt like the Moon idea was original and that I should run with it. I knocked it out in a 2 hours...I'm thinking that I am going to go ahead and do the one that I wanted to do.




