Friday Night Freelancing




Last night I was designing this flyer for some a colleague of mine throwing on a show at UCSD.  I liked the way I had the layout in the first photo however...like with most Freelance clients, he fought tooth & nail until he got the flyer the way HE wanted it...after all, it's his hard earned cash.  Although I'm not satisfied where it went in the end, I gotta keep the customers happy.  In the end I realize that there are two types of clients when it comes to design work.  One client who wants to pay you to do the work that he/she has a vision for.  The other client is the one that wants to pay for YOUR vision and or ideas.  I guess the object of the game is to get your client to trust you.  That way they are paying for your ideas, creativity/skill sets and not just a wrist to do the job.