South Pacific Bridge


South Pacific Bridge from Mark Bijasa on Vimeo.

South Pacific Bridge borders the LA/Orange County limits.  It eclipses 3 different cities.  Cerritos, Lakewood and La Palma.  This bridge goes right over the San Gabriel Riverbed.  As a child, my father used to take me and my brother on bike rides up and down the riverbed bike lanes.  The end of the trail leads to Seal Beach.  So many memories of growing up in this area.  Even today, there is always this post-apocalyptic feel when going down there.  I spent many nights writing graffiti on the walls underneath the bridge in the 90's.  I was a toy back then but the whole mission of sneaking out and going down there at night gave it appeal.  You'll see druggies, homeless folks and drunk teens hanging out under bridges.  You never know what else you are going to see.  During my teens, I used to see this bridge heavily bombed by graffiti writers.  In the 90's my brother was able to leave his name on it while hanging on the other side.  It was epic back then.  The bridge was always painted!