Doing Hip Hop Show flyers is my bread and butter. It's how I even got into the Graphic Design Game. Doing music and knowing the right people opened the door for me. What kept the door open is being punctual and consistent. Sometimes its smooth and easy, other times it can be a headache which leads me to this. Last night I did this flyer for a friend. Our communication going back and forth was not the best that it could be. We were texting and emailing each other so there was a little bit of confusion, lack of info being relayed properly and just plain misunderstanding. A lot of mistakes were made and time wasted. At a certain point, I lost my cool and showed some attitude in some of my texts when in fact, some of the mistakes were on my part. For a second, I had to step out of myself and realize that it should never come to this. At the end of the day, the client (friend or not) is always right. It was a reminder that keeping a cool head is just as important as having design skills. Nobody wants to work with a jerk...period. It's the full package that separates a great designer from the rest...





