The Darque Side







Michael Darque is one of the greatest instructors to walk the campus of the Art Institute Orange County.  I only had him for one class back in my 2nd quarter.  He taught me a lot of skills in advanced Image Manipulation class that I use every day.  I am forever indebted to this man.  I just found out that he passed away today from a stroke.  This is such a huge blow to me.  He was the first teacher to tell me that I had talent in Graphic Design and always pushed me ahead of the class.  We would see each other around campus and say what's up and would often shoot the shit about art and graphics.  Recently we've been going back and forth on Facebook and it would always excite me to read the jewels that he would drop.  I saw him about 2 weeks ago when we were working on the OC Design Awards and we spent a good 45 minutes talking about fonts.  It's so hard for me to write right now but I know that I'll never forget what I learned from him.  Rest In Peace Michael Darque!